Fifa Ultimate Team Coins Free PS3
FIFA coins, ever-controversial, are your main means of acquirning new players and consumables in FIFA Ultimate team.
Affording you the ability to open packs, buy players outright on the Transfer Market, and even enter tournaments and challenges like the returning FUT Draft mode, acquiring and using FIFA coins is going to be a central part of what you do if you’re getting into Ultimate Team.
You can, of course buy these coins with real money. Dedicated coin-selling sites are frowned upon by the community for a number of reasons, but you can purchase them directly in-game through FIFA Points – EA Sports term for what we call “money”.
If you’re here though, you probably don’t want to do that – although of course there’s no judgement if you do – and so this guide will be dedicated to explaining how to earn FIFA coins and get FIFA coins free in-game, with the best, fastest, and most efficient ways to earn grind them out.
How to earn FIFA coins in FIFA 18 Ultimate Team
Before we address what we feel to be the best ways to earn coins, it’s worth quickly highlighting all the ways it’s possible to do so. Here’s how:
- Playing matches in Ultimate Team mode – The most obvious way to earn coins in FIFA is simply playing games of football. You’ll earn around 400 coins for a win against a human opponent in FUT’s online mode, give or take a few dozen depending on your performance. Keeping this up for a while will also see you earn significant rewards (around a thousand coins) for promotion and conquering your division, which involves winning a set number of games in online leagues.
- Coin boosts – Your post-match earnings can also be modified by coin boosts, which are unlocked with EA Football Club Credits. We know, another currency. It’s fairly simple though, simply playing the game will unlock FCCs, which you can spend in the Football Club Catalogue by pressing R3/Right Stick and browsing from the menus. Different catalogue rewards unlock as you ‘level up’, which again requires you to simply keep on playing. Coin boosts vary, starting at a boost of 200 coins per game for a set period.
- Completing weekly challenges and tournaments – EA Sports kindly provide a roster of new tournaments and/or challenges every week in FIFA Ultimate Team, which normally boast some fairly decent coin rewards as a result. Check into the Tournaments section on the Ultimate Team menus every week to see what’s new – but even standard tournaments have decent payouts of 500 coins or more for victory, on top of what you earn from winning games.
- Playing the Transfer Market – This method’s probably seen more YouTube videos and blogs dedicated to it than any other, thanks to the irrefutable draw we all have to the idea of playing the market. If you fancy yourself a wheeling, dealing, definitely-not-Harry-Redknapp businessman, then there’s a potential fortune to be earned from Transfer Market methods like ‘sniping’ undervalued players as soon as they hit the market and instantly reselling them, or mass-bidding on swathes of player cards in the hope of making marginal profit on each. We’ll go into more detial on just how to do this below, as although there’s quite literally no gameplay involved, it is indeed one of the fastest ways to earn coins in Ultimate Team.
The best, fastest ways to earn FIFA 18 coins free in Ultimate Team
Of the above there are, really, only two ways to effectively earn coins. Which one counts as ‘best’ really comes down to your own preferences as a player – would you rather play online matches (in the most efficient way possible, explained below), and earn coins a little slower, or spend hours playing the market, but earning coins at roughly twice the speed?
Whatever the preference, these are the two best ways to earn FIFA coins in FIFA 18 Ultimate Team:
Gameplay: 4,000 – 8,000 coins per hour
Matches, coins boosts, tournaments and rewards. It may sound a little uninventive, but the best way to earn coins that doesn’t require you to pour hours into a virtual stock market is to simply play the game. There are caveats to that, of course, which make it much more efficient though:
- First, you’ll want to apply your coin boosts acquired through the EA Football Club (press R3, head to the catalogue, unlock more through playing more and levelling up).
- Then, head to the Online Leagues, and get cracking. Not only will you earn at least 600 coins for a win with the boost activated – which takes about fifteen minutes factoring in team management and annoying pause-spam from your defeated opponents – but you’ll also be working toward further rewards with Division promoton and victory. Rewards there get into the low thousands, meaning that, if you play well, you can pick up several thousand coins per hour.
- If you back yourself, the FUT Draft mode is another gameplay-based option, but with a 15,000 coin entry fee, you’ll need to do sufficiently well to actually make the coins back (although you will pick up some packs along the way, too).